- Read the rules
- Read the general overview
- Be sure you can be active
- Have the will; the will to have fun!
- Fill out the registration form located on the main web page: http://cimarron-ranch.tripod.com/
- Wait for an email response from LadyJsPlace@alltel.net. This may take as little as one hour or it can take up to one week. Please be patient.
- Once you have received your welcome letter, you can use your member name and password to login
to the forum.
- You cannot register on the message boards. The settings only allow me to do this.
- Once you login, you may modify your profile.
- Please be sure to post an introduction.
- You must be 14 years old to join.
- Be active. I cannot express how important this is. Participate on the message boards, owning and
taking care of your horses, visit the vet, purchase feed, and so on.
- You must participate in the message boards twice per week.
- One account per person please.
- Please let The Ranch know if you will be away from your computer for any length of time. Letting
us know in advance will keep your account in good standings.
- Being inactive will result in the following:
- Inactive 1 week: probation
- Inactive 2 weeks: Your account will be on freeze. Your password will not work until you contact
The Ranch and I okay it.
- Inactive 4 weeks: You will be banned, Under special circumstances you may contact me and be able
- 3 Probations or 2 Account Freezes: you will be banned
you play the game, you will see each member has a membership level. This will increase with time. If you are extremely active,
it may increase faster. There are four levels:
- Entry Member – Upon joining the game
You begin with 2 creation credits
You may own 3 horses
Your account balance = $100,000
- Intermediate Member – Upgraded after 2 weeks active
You receive 1 more creation credit
You may own 5 horses
Your account balance increases $50,000
You may open a stable: private or public
- Advanced Member – Upgraded after 2 months active
You receive 2 more creation credits
You may own 10 horses
Your account increases $50,000
You may open 1 establishment
You may host shows
- Gold Member – Upgrade after 6 months active
You receive 5 more creation credits
You will begin to receive a monthly allowance of $5,000
You may train horses
You may offer job positions
You may have an unlimited amount of establishments
- No two horses may have the same name
- If you have creation credits, you may create your own horse. Please do some research on the issue
and be sure your stats are correct.
a horse costs $1,000 plus a credit
- If you create a horse having no creation credits, the horse will be auctioned and you will be
- Horse breeds & colors must be real
- Horses age in real time
- Horses must see the vet/fierier every 2 months
- You must purchase feed every 2 months
- Be realistic when naming your horse
- Horses will be retired at 20 years old, but may be retired sooner if you deem
- Horses must be retired at 20 years of age
- You may retire any horse over the age of 5 if you deem it necessary
- Retired horses cannot be reclaimed, bought, or sold
- Once retired always retired
- Once you reach the advanced membership level, you may open 1 establishment.
- Each establishment must have a website. Free website hosting is available and is encouraged, although
there is to be NO GEOCITIES websites.
- I will not build your site.
- I am not in charge of maintaining this site, if I have to remind you more than 3 times to update
it in anyway, your establishment will be auctioned.
- It is very important that the website be professional looking with a nice layout.
- Once you reach the advanced membership level you may host a show.
- You may only have one show per week. Example, there may be 5 or more shows in a given week but
each must be hosted by a different member.
- Show results are random, no favorites.
- Hosting a show is free but you may charge an entry fee and offer prize money.
- Any fees received from members goes into you account.
- Any prize money given to the show participants will be deducted from your account.
- Mares must be 3 and studs must be 2.
- You do not have to own a stable in order to breed your mare.
- You may offer your stud services through the classifieds only.
- Foals are born immediately.
- Foals are automatically aged to one year. No speed aging after this is allowed.
- You will customize your foal, do not take advantage of this.
- Breeding Fee: $500
Surprises and Disasters:
- Updated weekly
- A randomizer is used
- You must deal with your issue within one week or something worse may happen.
Banking & Account Information:
- You should always keep track of your account activity.
- Balances are updated weekly
- Loans are not offered
- Get a job if you need money.
- If you cannot purchase feed for your horses or afford to take your horses to
the vet/fierier your horses will be auctioned. If this happens, you will receive ½ the amount they are sold for.
- When you write a check go to the bank and paste a copy of the check under the appropriate month.
- If you do not post your check information in the back you will receive a warning the first time,
if it happens again you will be fined.
- Anytime you purchase something, it does not matter what, you the following format:
- Any questions are to be directed to the office
- If you use a picture for your horse, it is against the law to use copyrighted material unless
you have permission. Remember, it is illegal.
- Any website you have that is affiliated with the game must have a link back
to the home page.
- You must also include
a disclaimer on those web pages. It must clearly state is is a simulated game and nothing is real.